Stand Up Paddle Holland

Het forum met alles over Stand Up Paddle Surf, Sup Foil en Wing Foil

2010 Stand Up World Tour begint - Sunset Beach Pro - 5/14 febr.

The world’s best stand up paddlesurfers will compete at Oahu's Sunset Beach this Feb.

Competitors include: Bonga Perkins (HW), Garrett Mc Namara(US), Chuck Patterson (US), Jamie Mitchell(AUS), Ekolu Kalama(HW), Robby Naish(HW), Brian Keaulana(HW), Peyo Lizarazu(FR) and more.

For more information visit www.watermanleague.com

Check ook de StandUpzone voor de laatste berichten en foto's 

Weergaven: 75

Hierop reageren

Berichten in deze discussie

Sunset beach Slater Trout (15 jaar!) wins Hulakai Trials at the Sunset Beach Pro!

The first day of the Sunset Beach Pro, Hulakai Trails was blessed with perfect conditions, Sunset Beach at its best with clean 8 – 10 foot waves (15’-20’ faces).
After an amazing day at Sunset Beach, Hawaii’s Slater Trout won the competition and progressed to the main event.
The youngest competitor 12 year old Riggs Napoleon also qualified, proving that age is irrelevant in this sport as he charged the waves like a seasoned veteran.

http://www.watermanleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&view...
Rigss Napoleon is 12 jaar !!! en heeft samen met Slater Trout die 15 jar oud is!!! zich gekwalificeerd voor het grote tournament. 12 jaar oud en dan op BIG sunset rond peddelen. De foto's op de Standupzone zijn 'mindblowing' dus check deze beslist even. En dan moet de echte contest nog beginnen. Hier een mooi plaatje van Blane Chambers met commentaar..

This is a cool pic... Aaron coaching Riggs before his heat. Jody getting ready to head out. Bonga working water patrol and Larry ejecting back to the beach for some lunch... To give you an idea how small Riggs is... See Rigg's jersey? That's the same size as Jody's. Hahahahaha!!! Riggs is amazing!

En hier dan wat advies dat Pa meegeeft aan 12 jr oud zoonlief voordat ie de mega golven in gaat:
'Aaron's advice for his son Riggs: You will not be able to turn the board harder than the big heavy guys. You have to go deep and take the big drops to win!'

1 ding is zeker. Deze mannetjes geven al die oldtimers een flink pak slaag! Ben benieuwd naar het hoofd event. Volgens de verwachtingen is de swell woensdag/donderdag en vrijdag groot genoeg om het event door te laten gaan.

Ik probeer me alleen even voor te stellen of ik mijn kinderen ooit zou kunnen loslaten in zulke golven..;o))

We ran the first 3 heats of the main event of the Sunset Beach Pro
-Presented by Red Nose today. Starting with 12-15 foot swell in the
morning the waves got too big and we had to stop the event. We may
continue tomorrow or Friday if the swell drops.

For a summary go to www.watermanleague.com

Hier nog maar wat pics dan:

Hier nog wat mooie pica's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Gj-ie0xVs

Leuk maar te kort filmpje en geeft wel aan hoe moeilijk de condities kunnen zijn.. Pffff
Pfff...Check ook de day2 highlights in video categorie! Respect!

FINALS Results:
1st Kai Lenny (HW)

2nd Kekoa Uemura (HW)

3rd Kamaki Worthington (HW)

4th Peyo Lizarazu (FR)

Da Hui's Bigest Move Prize: Kamaki Worthington

Semi Final Results:
Heat 2: 1st Kekoa Uemura (HW), 2nd Kai Lenny (HW), 3rd Bonga Perkins (HW), 4th Aaron Napoleon (HW)

Heat 1: 1st Peyo Lizarazu (FR), 2nd Kamaki Worthington (HW), 3rd Ekolu Kalama (HW), 4th TJ Saeman (HW)

Quarter Finals Results:
Heat 4 - 1st Bonga Perkins (HW), 2nd Aaron Napoleon (HW), 3rd Ikaika Kalama (HW), 4th Keali'i Mamala (HW)

Heat 3 - 1st Kekoa Uemura (HW), 2nd Kai Lenny (HW), 3rd Sam Pa'e (HW), 4th Arsene Harehoe (TAH)

Heat 2 - 1st Kamaki Worthington (HW), 2nd Peyo Lizarazu (FR), 3rd Robbie Naish (US), 4th Billy Watson (AUS)

Heat 1 - 1st TJ Saeman (US), 2nd Ekolu Kalama (HW), 3rd Andrew Lagreco (HW), 4th Guillaume Bourligeux (TAH)

2nd Round Results - 1st and 2nd through
Heat 1. - 1st Ekolu Kalama, 2nd TJ Saeman, 3rd Robin Johnston, 4th Noa Shimabakuro

Heat 2. - 1st Andrew Lagreco, 2nd Guillaume Bourligeux, 3rd Kamu Auwae, 4th Stephan Iralour

Heat 3. - 1st Billy Watson, 2nd Kamaki Worthington, 3rd Kala Alexander, 4th Garrett McNamara

Heat 4 - 1st Robby Naish, 2nd Peyo Lizarazu, 3rd Duane Desoto, 4th Kainoa McGee

Heat 5 - 1st Kai Lenny(HW), 2nd Sam Pa'e (HW), 3rd Kai Sallas (HW), 4th Dave Muir (AUS)

Heat 6 - 1st Kekoa Uemura (HW), 2nd Arsene Harehoe (TAH), 3rd Bryce Saeman (US), 4th Rico Leroy (FR)

Heat 7 - 1st Bonga Perkins (HW), 2nd Keali'i Mamala (HW), 3rd Kekoa Auwae, 4th Chuck Patterson

Heat 8 -1st Aaron Napoleon (HW),2nd Ikaika Kalama (HW), 3rd Jamie Mitchell (AUS),4th Kalani Kahalioumi (HW)
Grappig dat tussen al die ervaren SUPers er dan uiteindelijk een WINDsurfer wint die voor zijn lol erbij SUPt.
Zegt denk ik meer over de omsatandigheden en de geluksfactor als over de concurentie
Ben erg benieuwd naar de video van de laatste dag. Dan kunnen we hopelijk zelf een beeld vormen.

Wel een powerkid die Kai. Naast Pro-windsurfer ook kitesurfer, golfsurfer, paddleboarder, Tow-in surfer en dus ook supper. Nu zal hij als nr 1 Supper dus ook de World SUP tour 'moeten' volgen. ;o))

1 ding is zeker. De grommets maken het de oldtimers behoorlijk lastig.
Uit StandUpZone:

Some stuff from Maui News and the Honolulu Advertiser:

Fitting for a sport in its infancy, a manchild prevailed at the Sunset Beach Pro stand-up paddle surfing contest yesterday.

Seventeen-year-old Kai Lenny of Maui performed beyond his years to win the contest in difficult conditions at Sunset Beach.

"I was just honored to get in the contest and compete against the best stand-up paddlers in the world," said Lenny, who is a junior in a home-school program. "I can't believe I won."

The contest was the first event on the inaugural Stand Up World Tour, and it drew more than 70 elite wave-riders from around the world.

The final day was completed in wave-face heights of 10 to 20 feet at Sunset Beach. Strong onshore winds made it difficult for the competitors to find quality waves.

Lenny, despite his inexperience at Sunset Beach, said he felt at home in the tricky conditions. The two days of this contest were his first sessions at Sunset Beach.

"Luckily on Maui, I surfed some outer reef breaks that are similar to this wave," he said. "Actually, this would be like the best day on Maui."

In the four-man final, Lenny dominated the 45-minute heat.

His best wave received a score of 8.6 (out of 10), and he backed it up with a second wave of 7.2. His two-wave total of 15.8 was enough to win the $3,000 first-place check.

"We're pretty shocked," said Martin Lenny, Kai's father. "He hasn't proved himself on a world stage like this, so we were happy he got as far as the final. We weren't expecting this."

At the same time, Lenny is considered a rising waterman on Maui.

He is already a full-time member of the Professional Windsurfing Association. He was the No. 19-ranked windsurfer in the world last year, and was named the tour's Rookie of the Year.

He is also a skilled tow-in surfer, and recently rode giant waves at Maui's treacherous "Jaws" spot with expert watermen Laird Hamilton and Dave Kalama.

"Windsurfing is still my focus right now," Lenny said. "I'm still trying to do that tour and win events there."

Now he has to consider competing on the inaugural Stand Up World Tour as well. As the winner of the first event, Lenny is the No. 1-ranked stand-up paddle surfer in the world right now.

"I'm all game now," he said. "I want to do this (tour), too, as long as it can fit in my schedule."

The Sunset Beach event was the first of four scheduled contests on the 2010 tour. Subsequent events are scheduled for France in May, Tahiti in June, and Ocean Beach, Calif., in October.

Kekoa Uemura of Honolulu placed second yesterday. He is a professional longboard surfer, but said he will also consider competing at all the events on the Stand Up World Tour.

"Hopefully my sponsors can dig deep and help me out," said Uemura, 27.

He's also going to need a new board. Uemura's board snapped in half after a scary wipeout in the closing minutes of the final heat.

"The big waves were getting the biggest points, so I was just waiting for one," he said. "I saw that one wedge up and so I paddled for it, but I was a hair too late and just got caught."

Uemura, the son of famous longboard surfer China Uemura, described yesterday's conditions as "about as tough as it gets."

"Just the winds alone," he said. "You had to paddle like 100 yards right into it. That was one of the hardest things."

Honolulu firefighter Kamaki Worthington placed third, and France's Peyo Lizarazu was fourth. Worthington received a $1,000 bonus from Da Hui for "The Biggest Move" award.

Antwoorden op discussie

RSS

© 2024   Gemaakt door RoelvanN.   Verzorgd door

Banners  |  Een probleem rapporteren?  |  Algemene voorwaarden